Homemade Skinny Tomato Basil SoupMakes 8 cups. About 115 calories per 2 cup serving.Ingredients
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 celery stalk
- 3 cloves garlic
- 30 oz fresh plum tomatoes, peeled (or you can use canned tomatoes)
- 32 oz vegetable broth
- 3 sprigs parsley
- 10 basil leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- Parmesan cheese for serving (optional)Instructions
- Chop onions, carrots, celery and garlic using a *mini food processor or chopper.
- Melt butter in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add butter until melted, then add chopped onions, carrots, celery and garlic. Cook stirring often until soft, about 8-10 minutes. Add broth and tomatoes, stirring well.
- Using a string, tie herbs together and drop into the soup**. This will make it easy to remove later. Add salt and fresh pepper, reduce heat to low and simmer covered for 30 minutes.
- Remove herbs and discard, blend with a hand blender until smooth. (A regular blender would work, but be sure to let the soup cool before blending and fill only halfway in the blender so it doesn’t explode on you).
- Ladle into bowls and top with freshly grated cheese and fresh basil.
To look smoking in a shirt and pair of jeans.
josh hutcherson making fun of himself for being short is my new fandom